Thursday, January 8, 2015

Music and Exchange

Hey friend,

This next paragraph is cheesy, sappy New Year blabber. Skip it if you are coldhearted or uninterested.

2k15 is here now, isn't it wonderful! New opportunities, hopes, and dreams will be made in the year to come. Please, let me know what your New Year's Resolutions are and I wish you the best on carrying them out. :) If we all support each other at this time of transition we will unitedly benefit. My personal goals are to spend more time loving myself and living in the almighty Now. Also, for the fourth year running: learning to juggle. I can't explain this completely frivolous skill I want so terribly but it's haunted me for a while and this WILL be the year I overcome those three wannabe hacky sacks. On to some of most recent revelations and the real point of this post though:

I recently went through my mid-seventeen crisis, you may be familiar with this if you have recently been my age. I assume this is spurned by the dark hole of my future as an adult which draws nearer at a menacing pace. This basically involved googling and taking many career aptitude/personality tests, and being completely malcontent with all results. 2015 is the year I would have traditionally graduated from high school and begun my university education. It may very well still be both of those things, but only time will tell. With these big life events on the not-so-far horizon my mind is currently functioning a bit like a dinosaur TV flipped to AV with no VHS inserted. That sounds a bit like a foreign language (trust me, I'm learning one, and I know what they sound like) but I'm trying to say there is this high pitched white noise accompanied with the usual image of static constantly running in the background of my thoughts. It taunts me with nightmares of working a McDonald's cash register until I am old and gray. This is culminating to sound like I'm losing it. Which probably is true... My host family seems to think I'm mad at least (In the Hatter sense, not classical). And I'm here to share that I've found what has the capability to cancel out this animalistic fear!

Drum roll please.....

Taylor Swift

Now stop that this instant! I can see you grimacing, losing faith in me, already typing in the google search bar for another blog to troll. But don't do it! Stay here, and read what I have to write. You won't regret it anymore than you usually regret watching Netflix for eight hours straight. Maybe.

Musical tastes are funny things. Some people can surprise you and love everything with rhythm whereas others find it a subject judgeable (is this a word??I don't remember...) on par with IQ. I mean, not that we should really judge people based on their IQ or anything else for that matter. What I'm saying is, during this exchange I've come to rely heavily on music that can positively influence my emotions. I've discovered new genres, artists, albums, you name it. Spotify is my closest friend, she knows me very well. (Side note: Tswift is no longer catalogued there. Sad face.)







No comments:

Post a Comment