Sunday, October 26, 2014

An August of Ups (and Downs and Arounds)

As promised, I am here.

I will fill you in on my last 2 1/2 months here in the oh-so-lovely France. 
Let's back to the very beginning, the first few hours through the end of my first day with both feet on European ground. I am aware that may seem difficult to do, reach back into my memory that so recently has been on overdrive storing moments and scents and sounds from the foreign life. Luckily, while I sat in a strange, crowded airport near the international terminal waiting for the program coordinator to retrieve a Brazilian girl who would come to be my best friend within fourteen days, I had the foresight to write down my emotions. It is very good that I have this from my first day, for the contrast of my first morning to my first night is nearly comical. Here is the unedited essay straight from August 17th, Charles De Gaulle Airport of Paris:

No comments:

Post a Comment