Friday, June 6, 2014

Leaps and Bounds (and Apologies)(and Host Families)

Hey stranger!

Firstly I'd like to apologize for abandoning you in my time of desperation. However, now that all is settled I find it safe to approach the subject again. I am going to France! In something like 71 days. I will be living in Veneux-Les-Sablons, an itsy bitsy town a few miles from Fountainbleau. (an hour from Paris!) I will live with a host family consisting of two parents and a 26 yro son. Also, they have a cat!! (Can anyone tell I am looking forward to the cat very much considering I will be leaving my doggy for six months) I'm not entirely positive on which high school I will be attending but I have reason to believe it is La Fayette, which is located in a nearby town on the Seine. (Thanks google maps). I am tremendously excited but I have lots to do this summer before I go! A trip back to the east coast to visit with friends and family in Virginia and North Carolina, and then a 15 day hike through the mountains and rivers of Georgia as a camp mentor. So this will be a busy summer! I'll barely have time to get my visa, get packed, and get on a plane to be there on the morning of August 17th!

Anyway, thanks for coming back after all this time...I am aware this is an incredibly short post for the amount of news I have to share and the time that has passed. But this is time-crunch writing! I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Best,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment